Camden Calls Me Home

Sunday, February 15, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


*Photo Credit to Jodie La Touche

Hello my loves! I've missed you all so much and blogging! I know recently I've started every single blog post saying this, but it's true. It really upsets me that I'm not able to blog as much as I used to now with university, as it is one of my favourite things. I'll be finishing my course next month so just bare me as I sporadically post until then!

I went to Camden with Jodie today (remember my twin, ha!) as I needed to do some street-style snaps for an assignment. It was such a great day out, honestly. The amount of laughter that we share is borderline ridiculous. We sometimes don't even need to talk. We'll see something, look at each other and just burst out laughing. That's one of the things I love so much about our friendship - we know each other inside out. 

We spent the afternoon in one of our favourite spots, talking about the present and the future, choking back tears of laughter and even ended up travelling back to our old university (literally). We took the train as it's not too far from Camden and nostalgia hit us - big time. It was a massive shock to the system to see how much we've been through; revisiting memories of the past whilst strolling through the train tunnels, eating at a cafe we always used to go to and looking back at spots on the train platform we were took pictures around two years ago.

It was a day I didn't know that I needed. I forget how thankful I should be that I am where I am now. Going through a lot over the last three years and yet I'm still here even though sometimes I didn't feel like I was going to make it through. I didn't realise how much I'd changed, how much I'd grown and how much I'd accomplished.

That's something I should be proud of and something I need to remember not to forget.

xoxo

0 comments: