Purely Elise.

Friday, January 10, 2014 Unknown 4 Comments






Welll...the time has come! I'm changing the title of my blog.

It's come with a lot of deliberation, a lot of to's and fro's but sometimes you need to not think...and just do.
As I said a few posts ago, I discovered and realised a lot during the almost-two-months I was gone.
As everyday went by, I realised more about myself, more things I wanted to accomplish, more things I wanted to see; I just want to enjoy life. During the Christmas period, I turned 22 and I swear nothing has ever been as scary for me. A lot of people have said 'Ahh, you're ONLY 22, you've got LOADS of time!'
Yes, yes that might be so but that loads of time I have will go quickly. Very quickly. And if I'm not careful, it'll go by and I'll have nothing to show for it.

I've spent a lot of time searching for answers and for me personally, I've found great comfort in my Christian faith. A lot of peace and a lot of happiness. I've also got back on to yoga which does wonders as well.
Now, you're probably thinking 'yeah, yeah but what does this have to do with changing your blog name?!' Don't worry, I'm coming to it ;P

During the last almost-two-months I was gone, I realised just how much my perspective on my blog had changed. As you could probably tell from the lack lustre posts, I was beginning to become demotivated, disheartened and got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered to post half the time because I didn't feel that spark that had ignited me when I first started up the blog. I was doing the blog for the wrong reasons and I didn't realise until I stepped away from it.

It's got to the point now where I don't even know what fashion blogging is anymore! It's become a sort of commercial movement and to be honest, I've become a bit disillusioned by it all! Nowadays, it's all about being in the top 5 fashion bloggers in whatever country you live in,  and I don't want to be associated with that! Everywhere you go people are just so obsessed with fashion, fashion, fashion that it almost seems like they're forgetting to live.

What happened to just enjoying yourself?!

Don't get me wrong, if those opportunities arise because one's blog is a great, that's fabulous! But it shouldn't be the sole reason and purpose you do a blog! And I found myself doing that. Looking at other bloggers and wondering why I wasn't getting all the freebies and whatnot.

That's not why I started my blog.

I started my blog because I genuinely loved to take pictures of my outfits and that was it. Done, dusted. And on with life I went. Maybe I'll tell you the full story of why I started blogging, but another time.
 It's so easy getting caught up in blogging world, that's easy to forget one's way.

I've been through so much in the almost two years I've been doing this blog and through all the ups and downs, feel like a completely different person to the little girl who started this blog. But I want to get back to the roots.

I do love fashion but I want people to see how I perceive fashion not the other way around. It'll still cover clothes, but I want my blog to be a place of happiness, joy, fashion, lifestyle, adventures and whatever the hell I feel like putting up! I want the blog to be a place where we can experience things together. I want the blog to be what I make it.

That's why I decided on the name: Purely Elise.

This will be my last post under the name To Fashion With Amor. I'll be changing the blog over the next few days! It's been fun but I'm ready for the change!

So here's to a fresh start! *clicks champagne glass*

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Fab photo loved it!
    xoxo
    http://pandamone.blogspot.com/2014/01/love-can-damage-your-health.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved this sis! I'm looking forward to this new journey for you in 2014 and I am so happy I get to witness it!
    Love your biggest fan/sis ;D
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sissy!!!! Love you! xoxo

      Delete