Modern Day Print

Saturday, June 09, 2012 Unknown 0 Comments


One of the current trends out at the moment which I happen to adore is Print. Aztec print, tribal print etc. I love the patterns, the colours, I love the way that it is all put together. I also love the fact that it brings the element of culture (personally the vibe I get is African/Aboriginal) and that everyone can connect to it through the item of clothing.

Through overheard conversations, and casual talks with friends, I've seen how some people feel that prints wouldn't suit them or they wouldn't know what to wear prints with. I believe anyone and everyone can wear prints if they want to. I put together an outfit with an aztec print top as an example of one of the ways it could be worn. It's very casual with an element of Boho chic and very easy to achieve! 



Aztec print and the colour in this instance is quite bold and I know that can put some people off as they don't want attention. So you can tone it down by throwing on a denim waistcoat over the top and wearing some high waisted shorts!


I threw in my Bowler's hat to add a bit of Vintage edge to the outfit.



In terms of jewellery, I kept it very simple and stuck to the Print vibe by sporting an Aztec chunky bracelet and a tribal ring.



I wore my loafers to compliment the whole outfit and to keep it sweet :)



And just too add a bit of 70's funk, I threw in my hippie inspired sunglasses.




  Aztec/Tribal prints are a MUST-have this summer, I mean just imagine yourself parading around in the sunshine in your printed out outfit! Prints are amazing for festivals too e.g. Wireless (hint hint ;)). Below I've written the shops & the prices of the clothes so go and get your shop on!! ;)




Bowlers hat = TopShop   £25
Aztec print top = Forever21  £8.25
Denim waistcoat = H&M   £19.99
High Waisted Shorts (just in case you wanna know ;)) = Next around   £22 (I purchased this a while ago, sorry!)
Loafers = New Look   £17.99
Sunglasses = H &M   £6.99
Chunky Aztec Bracelet = New Look   £4.99
Tribal ring = New Look £4.99


I hope this gave you guys some insight into how to style aztec print tops!! Watch this space for more!!




With Amor,

Elys

xoxox





p.s - Big shoutout to my sis who took the pics!! LOL!



0 comments: