Music of The Moment: Ellie Goulding

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments



'Yeah yeah, you're a bit late Elise!' Alright, Alright, I get it! Haha!
I know Hunger Games: Catching Fire came out like ten years ago but I didn't get a chance to listen to the soundtrack! So I'm going to blog about my favourite song from the movie.

Now, from previous posts you'll know that I'm an avid fan of Ellie Goulding. She's been my favourite singer since I first heard her sing on the Brits in 2010 when she won the Critics Choice award! I also was lucky enough to meet her too! You can see here !!

But back to why I'm blogging, ha!

'Mirror' the song from The Hunger Games soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful. This song is the type that hits directly at the soul; with confident choruses, ghostly synths, whispered voices and eerie keys that echo so gently. Ellie was definitely the best person for this song. 

I don't know WHY this wasn't included in the movie. I think it would have made the scene for example, when Katniss was electrocuting the shield down around the dome, absolutely stunning. I'm not saying it wasn't but this song I feel would have just taken it to the next level.

The song makes me feel like I'm drifting through a colourful vacuum. As if for those four minutes, it's simply just me and space.


*SINGLE OUT NOW*: Click here for MP3 download!!

0 comments: