Music of The Moment: Katy B

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments



Ever since I heard Katy B's 'Lights On' all those centuries ago, I knew this was a girl that I would like for a while to come. Any artist whose song gets my foot tapping, slowly allowing my body to get to that place of dancing carelessly is an artist after my own heart. Katy B is one of those artists.


Her new album 'Little Red' has FINALLY(gosh knows what took so damn long) made it to the UK No 1 spot and I couldn't be happier!

A beautiful fusion of R'n'B, Dubstep, House and pop, Katy B allows her audience to once again be serenaded by her soulful voice and mesmerizing beats. My personal favourites are Crying For No Reason ( I know, I know typical right?) and Everything. The reason why Crying For No Reason is one of my favourites is because of the shock I got when I first heard it.  I didn't think of  I didn't know it was possible to have a chill dubstep ballad; it just doesn't seem like a good mix! However, I was pleasantly surprised and found myself falling in love with the song more and more each time.

I for one am genuinely happy for Katy and really really pray this album is what will kick her big-time career into overdrive!!

Below is her album sampler just so you can get a feel of the album!


*ALBUM OUT NOW*: Click here!!!!

0 comments: