Music of the Moment: Lana Del Rey

Sunday, May 18, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments



I haven't really been a Lana Del Rey fan to be honest with you; I think she's absolutely beautiful but her music has never really been my cup of tea. After watching The Great Gatsby and heard Young and Beautiful she had me hooked.

I downloaded it straight away and tried to find other tunes by Miss Rey that I would want on my phone...and alas, I found another.

When I first heard it, the chords reminded me of The Neighbourhood: Sweater Weather but although they sound similar, Lana has truly made this track her own.

West Coast is one of the cool, somewhat jazzy and blue influenced songs that really make you feel at ease. For me that definitely kicks in at 1:14; I feel completely consumed by her dark yet glamorous declaration of love.

Her album Ultraviolence is out 17th June!

Xoxo

0 comments: